Links to main themes - please bookmark:
- Rocky Rex's Latest Science Stuff
- What can cause climate change?
- Climate Change Demystified
- An Expanded Exploration of Climate Change
- 22,000 Years of Global Temperature Change
- A Random Walk through Earth Science
- A Random Warp through the Universe
- Recommended reading on climate change - expert sources
Thursday, 22 January 2015
Antarctica without ice.
Antarctica from space.
Mapping of the landscape under the ice of Antarctica was done using radar and various geophysical methods.
There are mountains and lakes, where water is sealed under the ice.
Parts of Antarctica are below sea level, because the weight of the ice has pushed the crust down.
If the ice all melted quickly, Antarctica would be a collection of islands.