Links to main themes - please bookmark:
- Rocky Rex's Latest Science Stuff
- What can cause climate change?
- Climate Change Demystified
- An Expanded Exploration of Climate Change
- 22,000 Years of Global Temperature Change
- A Random Walk through Earth Science
- A Random Warp through the Universe
- Recommended reading on climate change - expert sources
Friday, 22 January 2016
Climate Change - Global temperature information for December 2015
The December 2015 globally-averaged temperature across land and ocean surfaces was 13.31°C, according to the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
That is 1.11°C above the 20 century December average of 12.2°C.
December also marks the eighth consecutive month (since April 2015) with a global monthly temperature breaking the record for its respective month.
This information for December 2015 adds to the results for previous months of the year to show that 2015 was Earth’s warmest year since records began in 1880.